- Peel and slice five apples (any kind, mixed varieties make the best pie)
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to apples
- Add 2 tablespoons flour to apples
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
In a small bowl combine,
- One cup plus two tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil (this can be any kind––corn, canola, even olive oil)
- Two tablespoons water
Pour your delicious, juicy filling into the pie crust. Dot with butter.
Repeat crust procedure for the top crust. Pinch edges. Sprinkle the top with a teaspoon of sugar and cut vents in the top of crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Then enjoy!! (It's best if it's eaten while still warm enough to melt a scoop of vanilla ice cream.)
When I put my pies together I always think about the "yummy" it will elicit from my recipients, while wondering just how many pies my mom made in her 66 year marriage. I don't think I can match her number. She had a head start.
Baking a pie is an act of love. Thanks Mom.