Alzheimer’s Daughter introduces the reader to my healthy parents, Ed and Ibby, years before their diagnosis, then recounts painful details as our roles reversed and I became my parents’ parent.
Their disease started as translucent, confused thoughts and ended in a locked memory care unit after a near decade of descent into the opaque world of Alzheimer's.
I began writing Alzheimer’s Daughter one week after my mother's death––when I was stunned, realizing Dad had no memory of her or their 66-year marriage.
I write to pay tribute to the undying spirit at Ed and Ibby's core, and with the hope that the story of their parallel decline might be helpful to others.
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Alzheimer's Daughter made it to the Best Alzheimer's Books of All Time"Alzheimer's Daughter", was named number five in BookAuthority's Best Alzheimer's Books of All Time:
BookAuthority collects and ranks the best books in the world, and it is a great honor to get this kind of recognition. Thank you for all your support!
The book is available for purchase on Amazon.
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
- In 2016, we launched this website and have since featured 150 authors and their books, many written from the trenches, giving an up close and personal glimpse into the lives of Alzheimer’s caregivers and the disease. Upcoming blog posts are scheduled into November!
- We have gathered an active army of advocates for those living with the dementias who work to break stigmas attached to the diseases via social media, online and in-person events.
- We have been interviewed on podcasts and written guest posts for several other caregiver forums, including Being Patient, eCare Diary, BlipIQ and Samada.com.
- In September, a selection of our books and two of our authors will travel to Alaska on board the Alzheimer’s and Dementia-Friendly Cruise & Conference on Holland America. This cruise is designed for caregivers and their family members living with early-stage Alzheimer’s disease. AlzAuthors is sponsoring a Book Circle, and many of our books will be raffled off to attendees.
- We are currently hard at work creating our first Anthology, which will include posts from the first year of our blog.