Alzheimer's Daughter

The Story

Alzheimer’s Daughter introduces the reader to my healthy parents, Ed and Ibby, years before their diagnosis, then recounts painful details as our roles reversed and I became my parents’ parent.


Their disease started as translucent, confused thoughts and ended in a locked memory care unit after a near decade of descent into the opaque world of Alzheimer's.

I began writing Alzheimer’s Daughter one week after my mother's death––when I was stunned, realizing Dad had no memory of her or their 66-year marriage.

I write to pay tribute to the undying spirit at Ed and Ibby's core, and with the hope that the story of their parallel decline might be helpful to others.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Susan G. Miller, a spouse caring for her husband with Early Onset, writes My Life Rearranged

Please read this week's AlzAuthors post by Susan G. Miller. She writes a moving book about caregiving for her husband with early-onset Alzheimer's in  her memoir "My Life Rearranged."
Susan writes:

"When my husband passed, I took a hiatus from both writing and Alzheimer’s. Later on, at the urging of friends and family, and especially my granddaughter, who called it “my purpose,” I returned to writing. I knew I wanted to achieve three things. First, I wanted to support caregivers who are often forgotten, who are the second or silent victims, and who can become isolated by the nature and duration of the disease. As a part of that support, I wanted to give voice to what many givers can’t or are afraid or say."

Read the entire post here.

No comments: