Alzheimer's Daughter

The Story

Alzheimer’s Daughter introduces the reader to my healthy parents, Ed and Ibby, years before their diagnosis, then recounts painful details as our roles reversed and I became my parents’ parent.


Their disease started as translucent, confused thoughts and ended in a locked memory care unit after a near decade of descent into the opaque world of Alzheimer's.

I began writing Alzheimer’s Daughter one week after my mother's death––when I was stunned, realizing Dad had no memory of her or their 66-year marriage.

I write to pay tribute to the undying spirit at Ed and Ibby's core, and with the hope that the story of their parallel decline might be helpful to others.

Thursday, October 28, 2021

You'll Laugh and Cry When You Read Ellen Rittberg's Humorous Caregiver Guide: Why Is Grandma Naked?

 Dear Friends,


This week on AlzAuthors.com, elder law attorney, Ellen Rittberg, shares her humorous caregiver guide: Why Is Grandma Naked?


image


Ellen writes:

I discovered that there were next-to-no humorous how-to books for caregivers whose parents have dementia, which led to my writing Why is Grandma Naked? Caring for Your Aging Parent. It’s my hope that by sharing what worked for me, the book can help other caregivers and lighten their load, so to speak... What I didn’t understand until after the fact was that being a caregiver for a beloved parent with dementia is like dementia: it‘s irreversible and life-transforming. And whenever I think of Mom, I still smile.



Read the entire post: 

https://alzauthors.com/2021/10/26/ellen-rittberg-why-is-grandma-naked/


No comments: